Dangerous if the body’s immune system decreases. The number of cases of confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) globally is rising from day to day. Precautions such as washing hands, how to improve
The Immune System by Eating This exercise and enough sleep is the key to lowering the risk of exposure.
However, in preparing the immune system to confront this pandemic, take vitamins and supplements alone is not enough. A healthy diet can help improve the immune system.
It is important to note that no specific research done on foods that help fight COVID-19. Yet many studies find that certain foods can increase and strengthen the immune system.
How to Improve The Immune System by Eating This…Here are nine foods that can boost the immune system
The study of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in 2017 found that vitamin C contributes to immune defense by supporting the various functions of the cells, can reduce the risk of respiratory infections, and helps the growth and repair of tissues in the body.
“Intake of vitamin C daily is very important for good health because our body does not produce it naturally,” said Dr. Seema Sarin, a doctor of internal medicine in EHE Health.
Read too: Breakfast Determines Your Health
- Broccoli Broccoli is also rich in vitamin C and contains vitamin E and antioxidants which can help fight bacteria and viruses. Half a cup of broccoli contains 43% of the value of vitamin C daily, according to the NIH.”Broccoli is packed with phytochemicals and antioxidants that support our immune system,” said Sarin, “To get the maximum results from vegetables this powerhouse, eat raw or only cooked slightly.”
- Chickpeas Beans contain a lot of protein, and essential nutrients made of amino acids that help regenerate and repair the tissues of the body. According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the chickpeas are good at synthesizing and maintaining the enzymes to keep the system functioning properly.”Chickpeas are also packed with zinc, which helps the immune system to control and regulate the immune response,” said Emily Wunder, nutritionist and founder of nutritious recipes Healthier Taste.
- Strawberries Further, Wunder said half a cup of strawberries can already meet 50% of the requirement of human vitamin C per day. Wunder recommends adding chopped strawberries into yogurt, oatmeal, or consumed with wheat bread and peanut butter. “Of course, they fit with a smoothie too,” he said.”Vitamin C is great for strengthening Your immune system,” he said, adding strawberries can help protect the cells from damage caused by free radicals and pollution in the environment.
Read too: Effort To Eliminate Body Odor
- Garlic In the study of Advances in Therapy 2001 showed that consuming garlic two to three cloves per day can help ward off and recover colds.”Garlic is not only full of flavor but also contain health benefits such as lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of heart disease,” said Sarin, “the ability to enhance immunity of Garlic comes from the high concentration of compounds containing sulfur, which can help fight some infections.”
- Mushrooms A review of 2018 about mushrooms as a source of vitamin D found that the “sunshine vitamin” can help improve the absorption of calcium, which is good for bone health and can also protect some cancer and respiratory diseases.”Although sun exposure is the best vitamin D source, it can also be provided by some foods, including mushrooms,” said Wunder, recommend to bake the mushrooms with 350 degrees Fahrenheit, use one to two tablespoons of oil, chopped garlic, and a little salt and pepper.
Read too: How to diet
Sarin recommended to choose plain yogurt than have a taste and add it with fruit and honey. “Or, You can add it to Your favorite smoothie,” he said, adding those who do a milk-free diet can still benefit from a selection of yogurt almond milk and coconut milk.
And that’s the way How to Improve The Immune System by Eating.
Read too: How to eat healthy